asunto Accessory buildings
Nordic Inspired Backyard
Sheds + Studios
At ASUNTO we specialize in custom prefabricated and modular accessory buildings; sheds, studios, home offices, guest suites, and cabins built on our construction lot and then delivered and installed in your backyard or on your property in one day.
The ASUNTO Classic Studio
The ASUNTO Gable and Lean-To Roof Studio lineup include the Classic, the Custom, and the Premium Studio models, which also provide starting points for further customization, upgrades, and finishing options.
The Studio Classic Build Package outlined below includes everything you need to start working, creating, or simply enjoying your backyard studio space in comfort all year round.
ASUNTO Studios are built to last. We build on our construction lot and then deliver and install on your property in one day. All of our Studios are framed, insulated and waterproofed to BC Building Code Standards (CSA A277). We include a customizable electrical package and our offsite building process allows for build customization depending on your end use and studio needs. For even more convenience, ask about plumbing options.
Know what you want? Let’s Get Started!
Foundation and Floor
1. Concrete pads placed on top of ¾” crushed rock tamped down approximately 8- 12” deep into the ground
2. 3/8” pressure treated plywood attached to the bottom of the floor framing
3. 2”x6” (2×8 on 10’ wide studios) kiln-dried spruce floor joists 16” on centre with metal joist hangers
4. Pressure-treated perimeter rim joists
5. 5/8” tongue & groove plywood subfloor
Wall and Roof Framing
6. 2”x4” studs on walls 16” on centre with one bottom plates & two top plates with double 2”x6” headers over the door and window
7. 2”x6” rafters 16” on centre
8. ½” plywood sheathing over rafters
9. 24” wide overhang on the front, 6” on the back and sides
10. 26 gauge Galvanized Metal Roof with metal drip edge flashing, or Asphalt Shingles
11. Ice & Water rubberized membrane over the roof sheathing
12. Smart Panel Barn Board panels
13. Tyvek building paper
14. 1” x 8” pre-primed fascia board on the front overhang soffit and 1” x 6”
fascia trim on the side and back soffits.
15. 1” x 8” pre-primed fascia Eave trim
16. 1” x 4” pre-primed fascia trim on the corners, door and window.
17. Pre-Primed Insulated Metal Out-swing Door with a 1/2 glass lite 36” x
79” with a locking doorknob
18. 3’x3’ Vinyl Sliding window
Insulation and Ventilation
19. Continuous Soffit Vents on front and back soffits
20. 1 ½” Air Space between roof sheathing and ceiling insulation
21. 5 ½” R20 Fiberglass Floor Insulation (7 ½” R28 in studios 10’ wide)
22. 5 ½” R20 Ceiling Insulation
23. 3 ½” R14 Wall Insulation
24. Vapour Barrier and taped on ceiling, walls and floor
25. 3/8” Smooth Pine Panels on the ceiling and walls with matching trim
that covers the seams, corners and all joints
26. 1” x 3” pre-primed trim on the door, window and baseboard
27. ½ ” x 6” Luxury vinyl plank flooring
28. 2x Glass Dome ceiling lights with a dimmer switch
29. 6 Electrical outlets
30. Exterior light with inside switch
31. Baseboard Heater with a programmable thermostat
32. Electrical Sub-Panel
Studio Upgrade Options
Option to increase the wall height from 8' to 9'6" to accommodate above door transom windows or increased ceiling height.
If your project requires a building permit we can provide complete permit procurement services, billable by the hour + materials.
Premium Vinyl Windows in Sliding, Single Hung and Casement styles are available in standard and custom sizing.
Pre-Hung Doors in steel or fibreglass are available in sizes starting at 30” wide up to 42” wide and Double (French) Doors from 60” wide up to 84”. The doors can be ordered with full or half glass (light).
Pre-painted Hardie Plank cement-board siding, Beveled Cedar Siding or Shingle Cedar Siding, Tongue and Groove Cedar or pre-primed pine, and Metal Siding options.
Cedar Shingles, Metal and Asphalt roofing options.
Interior Walls and Ceilings
Premium Birch Wood panels, Shiplap, and Drywall.
Interior/Exterior ceiling pot lights.
Doorway or Deck surrounds.
Extended roof awning with or without supporting posts.